Come along and follow our journey of being what we think is Normal..... just a average family, following God's calling and a life blessed with Down Syndrome

Wednesday, October 8, 2008

Thank you Lord...

Amen

Every call has a beginning
A quiet moment when God whispers a promise to a mother’s heart
A holy place where a father bows and faithfully accepts the journey set before him.
A miraculous morning that unexpectedly dawns…casting its first light on a chosen threshold.
A gentle knock..a closed door opens.
A sacred invitation sent by the Father..Leads to the other side of the world.
Where lonely hearts stare out orphanage windows
Praying for someone to care..
And then one morning,On an ordinary day an orphan’s life changes...
God sends them a second chance...Through you.

--author unknown

6 nice people had this to say:

Joy Portis said...

so does this mean Varsha i going to join the Andrew's crew??????

Jenn said...

Loved this post. I linked to you on my blog today too. Hope you don't mind.

Anonymous said...

In response to the comment below me.......WHAT??????????????



-LA

Anonymous said...

Oh.....and, I wouldn't be surprised if you could literally hear me scream, "WHAT?!?!?!"

Rita Andrews said...

Lyndsey as much as I would love to say YES you were gonna have a almost 7.5 yr old sister in a few years, I cant! So be calm...EVEN IF she did join our family it would literally take about 1-1.5 yrs for the process to be done...by that time you would be 21!!!

I love you!

Lou said...

Beautiful poem. It sounds like you have had a prayer answered??