Come along and follow our journey of being what we think is Normal..... just a average family, following God's calling and a life blessed with Down Syndrome

Saturday, November 22, 2008

BLACK FRIDAY



















BLACK FRIDAY: TO DO OR NOT TO DO???

I'm just curious.....what do yo u plan to do the day after THANKSgiving??? Does the sales ads get you excited enough to brave the crowds at 5am? OR do you want to spend the day with family and gorging yourself on the yummy leftovers?? OR is this your day annually that you put out all your Christmas decorations?

If you are heading out to the stores....what are the items you are dodging the crowd for? What is your favorite store to hit? If you have older children 19+ whats on your list this year for them??

We are only ONE WEEK away from the SHOWDOWN! Leave me comments and tell me your plans..

Have a blessed day!

7 nice people had this to say:

Mommy to those Special Ks said...

I am staying home under my covers. I just can't seem to think of ANYTHING I would want badly enough to get up at 4am! LOL

Mamapierce said...

We put up our Christmas decorations. I usually buy Christmas gifts year-round, so there's no need to get up early! :o)

Stacy said...

I stay home!!

Stacy

Nadia said...

I'm jealous! I live in Canada and we have what's called boxing day..it's the day AFTER Christmas..it would be way better to have the sales before hand LOL. our Thanksgiving was over a month ago and our christmas tree has been up nearly 2 weeks already! I'll be thinking of you all on Friday..find some sales for me:)

Unknown said...

http://www.theribbonretreat.com/custom/modules/FreeProjects/PDFHowtoMakeKorkerRibbonandBows.pdf

Rita, that website has the instructions (near the bottom) for the SEWN korker hairbows. I know you have mentioned several times about making those....let me know if you try and how they turn out...

BigSis said...

I have tried shopping on the day after Thanksgiving twice. Both times, I felt so harassed by the time I got home. And, I came home empty handed. If you are lucky enough to find what you want, it is probably not worth standing in line over. Yuck. I would rather stay home with the family.

wvamom said...

My sister in law and I always go to the mall early early on Black Friday-but we wouldn't brave WalMart or Target--too crowded! I'm getting our 19 year old a digital camera this year (Shh! Don't tell! We wouldn't want to spoil the Big Bearded Guy for her!) I was thinking of some kitchen implements for her stocking. Now for the little ones? Who knows? By the time you have five kids you have so many toys already, as I'm sure you know! And I'm not much on extra pieces to pick up...maybe some art supplies--I love the Color Wonder stuff--it saves my walls and furniture...
Carolyn