Come along and follow our journey of being what we think is Normal..... just a average family, following God's calling and a life blessed with Down Syndrome

Tuesday, April 21, 2009

This was posted by Lyndsey to her facebook today...thought i would share it with all of you....

So, I did it! Believe me or not...it is official!
I joined the US Army on 1DEC08. I will leave for BCT at Ft. Jackson in South Carolina on 13JAN09!
This is a new journey in my life that I cannot wait to begin. I'm leaving many, MANY things, a family, a job, relationships, and best friends behind....but, this is no doubt going to be something that I will never regret! I'm so excited to begin this new journey in my life.
There are many people that doubt me, my abilities, my courage & strength, but I know & believe that I can and will do this. The love and support from my family and friends will help me get through BCT...oh, not to mention the day-to-day butt kicking that I will receive from my drill sgts.
People joke...."Do you think she will be able to wear her 4 inch heels, make-up, and have her hair fixed?" No, I won't...but, there's still the weekends :)
At the end of my 9 wks of BCT and my 20 wks of AIT, I will then be able to call myself a soldier. An American soldier that will defend this amazing country!

I am ARMY STRONG!

UPDATE:
-So, there was a side step in my BCT journey. I got a stress fracture in my tibia (shin bone). Basically, they gave me 30 days con leave to heal. I'm going back to BCT on 21April09, only to get approved by my doctor, if I'm healed, and take my PT test. I won't have to do the 9 weeks all over again. So, here goes nothin :)
Thanks everyone for thinking about me and praying for me!

0 nice people had this to say: