Come along and follow our journey of being what we think is Normal..... just a average family, following God's calling and a life blessed with Down Syndrome

Wednesday, September 30, 2009


Guess what? Yep, its October (well tomorrow) and once again I will make the commitment to blog every day in October to help raise awareness for Down Syndrome. October is National Down Syndrome month, and most organizations host their annual Buddy walk then. Our's will be Oct 10th at the Montgomery River walk stadium. We are so excited!

So readers out there, please if there is anything you ever wanted to know about us, our family, our adoptions, Down Syndrome in general, our girls and school, whatever it is....please leave me a comment. I will need lots of questions to keep me going this month. I normally dont blog everyday because I just cant think of what to say..ya I know me right! So seriously, if you want to ask me anything...now is your chance.

I am eager to answer your questions, share our girls and maybe even inspire someone out there to step out in faith and adopt a child with Down Syndrome. You'll never know what your missing until you just do it!

1 nice people had this to say:

Allison said...

I have a question. . .how do you make your neurotypical child (Lily) understand that her sisters need extra help and they are different sometimes? Our oldest seems to understand everything quite well and there's no issue but our 3 (almost 4) year old is where we are stuck not knowing how to explain. Maybe others might need this answer too??