Come along and follow our journey of being what we think is Normal..... just a average family, following God's calling and a life blessed with Down Syndrome

Tuesday, October 13, 2009


I posted this a long time ago but was just reminded last night how oh so true it is. Each and everyone of our three girls are so different. They each learn at their own pace and learn what they are able to. I love each one of them the same. So when you come across someone with Down Syndrome or any other dis ABILITY think about how much they want to learn, want to talk and want to show the world! We are all the same just different!


The Creed of Babies with Down syndrome

My face may be different
But my feelings the same
I laugh and I cry
And I take pride in my gains


I was sent here among you
To teach you to love
As God in the heavens
Looks down from above


To Him I'm no different
His love knows no bounds
It's those here among you
In cities and towns


That judge me by standards
That man has imparted
But this family I've chosen
Will help me get started


For I'm one of the children
So special and few
That came here to learn
The same lessons as you


That love is acceptance
It must come from the heart
We all have the same purpose
Though not the same start


The Lord gave me life
To live and embrace
And I'll do it as you do
But at my own pace

0 nice people had this to say: