Come along and follow our journey of being what we think is Normal..... just a average family, following God's calling and a life blessed with Down Syndrome

Saturday, May 8, 2010

This is Thursday night....saying our goodbyes! It totally sucked! That's the only word I can think of to describe it!
Our beLOVED pet Sydney
1999-2010

Yesterday was a VERY HARD day for William and I. We followed through with the decision to put "our baby Sydney" to sleep. She has been in congestive heart failure for a while now and the meds just havent been working so well lately. She was on the MAX amount of drugs she could be on and it still wasnt working. I have cried and cried and it doesnt help. I love her so much! I miss her so much! I cant believe we went through with it, however I know in my heart that this is totally what was best for her. The vet even said so.
When William was getting ready to leave, I took her to the car. I held on her, cried over her, told her I loved her and that I was so so sorry for doing this. I know she didnt understand me, but I felt like I needed to tell her anyway. She is such a good dog and companion. The girls loved her so much!


This morning, out of pure habit, I come downstairs to let her out of her cage..well as I approached the cage it hit me......she is no longer here!!!! Then after breakfast Isabella found a flashlight and started looking for Sydney. You see Sydney loves the flashlight and will follow you everywhere barking up a storm....she couldnt find her! I told her Sydney was in heaven....she wanted to go! This stinks!!!! Pray for me...I am just so upset about my girl...I will miss her dearly for a long time!

2 nice people had this to say:

Anonymous said...

I am so sorry for your loss. We had to do the same thing with my daughters beloved dog a while back for the same sickness. It is so hard to say goodbye to a devoted and loved pet.I am glad you had so many wonderful years with her and that you have good memories.
carol n

Tami said...

So sorry...we recently lost a furry family member also. It is always difficult. Thinking of you...