Come along and follow our journey of being what we think is Normal..... just a average family, following God's calling and a life blessed with Down Syndrome

Monday, February 18, 2008

Pictures from the Tornado




Here are just a few pictures of the neighborhood. I was in total shock when we turned down the street. I have NEVER been in or around anything like this before so wow is all I could possibly say. Thanks to our Lord...the renters were unharmed and the neighbors around were also ok. The houses on the other hand are destroyed. Most are still standing just alot of damage. The power company has come around and taken everyones meter so they cant do a generator for power....its just not safe. So everyone is now homeless......well they can go to hotels and friends but not home. I just still cant believe what i saw this morning.
Please pray for Prattville ALabama as they were really hit hard. This is the first of this magnitude. It was a F4 tornado.

5 nice people had this to say:

liesel said...

Wow Rita. That is amazing.

steph said...

We've been praying for all you. Glad to hear you and your family are safe. I've been reading the blog for sometime just now got around to commenting. I love all the pics of girls..they are such cutie pies.

Arizona mom to eight said...

Thank goodness He was watching over them. Praying that the homes can be rebuilt quickly. I can;t believe an F4 went through there.

Mike said...

wow, thats intense!

junglemama said...

I'm so glad everyone is okay. How amazing!