Come along and follow our journey of being what we think is Normal..... just a average family, following God's calling and a life blessed with Down Syndrome

Tuesday, April 29, 2008

5 -5 -4 -3

NOTE: THIS IS NOT WHAT THEY WERE WEARING TODAY....BUT HERE ARE THE 4 LITTLE ANGELS.. gABBY WITH HER CRAZY FACE, GIOVANNA CRACKING UP, LILY READY TO BE DONE WITH PICS AND WEARING TOTALLY RED SOCKS, BELLA SHOWING SHE CAN TAKE HER SHOES OFF!

Everywhere I went today, this is what I was asked

Wow, you were busy ......all so close in age!!! Well yes Im busy but who isnt? I hate having to say, Well they are all adopted and yes from different countries! When they then ask their ages, you can see the wheels turning when you say that 2 of them are both almost 6.......
how old are they? Do you have 2 sets of twins? NO
Do you have a set of quad's? NO

Man, folks these days!!

The girls did remarkably well for me today and that come only with TONS of prayer! I hate hate hate to be rushed and I hate to have an appointment sneak up on me. The base Dr arranged Gabby's MRI appointment at the hospital and called me with the date and time to be there. She told me i didnt have a time for pre-op so to just show up....well i got up this morning and during therapy I thought I would just call to see what would be a better time, since I would have all 4 of the girls by myself. This was at 9:20. She said well I see your appointment is at 9:30! NOT! I live 45 min away and we were totally NOT ready! So I start running around like nuts, getting everyone dressed and canceling the afternoon therapy sessions....and heading out the door. I get there with all 4 in hand, and have prayed the entire way for peace and patience because now that we missed our 9:30 appointment there were just gonna have to fit us in! A momther alone with 4 small ones does not want to hear ....we will fit you in!!!!! So we get there, park a mile away from the front door and put Bella in the umbrella stroller and all 3 of the other girls with their backpack leashes on and head towards the registration desk. They got us in within about 10 minutes and the girls totally entertained everyone in the waiting room. They then got us and we went to the pre-op area where of course you are asked a hundred questions. ALL 4 girls are still doing amazingly well! No attitude, no crying, no dissobeying!!!!! Oh this is good! So, I am constantly praising them and saying we will get hamburgers and french fries when we are all done...........Well that brought out the chorus~~ They all started yelling....HAMBURGER!!!! You would think I dont feed them~

Anyway, all in all the day was a huge success and we are now home and gonna figure out supper!

Have a blessed night~

2 nice people had this to say:

Denise said...

Hello Rita,

I just happened to come across your Blog while I was working. Wow, you are sooooo blessed! The most amazing thing is that you even have time to write a blog, lol!
Rita, I want to let you know about our reading program, as I believe it will really help with your communication with the girls. I am the founder of eReadingPro, and was one of the co-founders of Out of the Box Reading. Sadly, Out of the Box Reading has recently closed its doors, but I have continued on with the same product via eReadingPro.
Our reading program follows a proven system of using a well organized and structured whole-word approach to teaching reading. eReadingPro offers the same system as Out of the Box Reading, only there are more affordable options than before. For example, the original 14-month program has been broken down into three eBooks that cost only $39.95 each. This enables you to encorporate your own materials, avoid costly shipping,and to only print what you need to print from the eBook.

I invite you to check out our new site at: http://www.ereadingpro.com. I know you won’t be disappointed! I'm not sure if you are aware of Civitan, but the Heartland District of Civitan are staunch supporters of ours! Please do not hesitate to contact me if you have any questios at all Rita! My email address is denise@ereadingpro.com.

Warm regards,

Denise MacDonald
eReadingPro
www.ereadingpro.com

Unknown said...

Wow ~ that makes me tired just reading :) You are such an amazing mother and I'm inspired by you!