Come along and follow our journey of being what we think is Normal..... just a average family, following God's calling and a life blessed with Down Syndrome

Monday, May 5, 2008

A specail child

A Special Child
by Sharon Harris
You weren't like other children,
And God was well aware,
You'd need a caring family,
With love enough to share.
And so He sent you to us,
And much to our surprise,
You haven't been a challenge,
But a blessing in disguise.
Your winning smiles and laughter,
The pleasures you impart,
Far outweigh your special needs,
And melt the coldest heart.
We're proud that we've been chosen,
To help you learn and grow,
The job that you have brought us,
Is more than you can know.
A precious gift from Heaven,
A treasure from above,
A child who's taught us many things,
But most of all-
"Real Love”
I found this poem and it so describes my feelings toward all three of our girls with Down Syndrome. We could not have been given any greater gift in our girls....We so love them ALL just the way they are!

2 nice people had this to say:

Mommy to those Special Ks said...

One of my favorites! :)

amyl4 said...

Rita,
I love this poem!!! I hope you don't mind but I put it on my blog:)
Amy