Come along and follow our journey of being what we think is Normal..... just a average family, following God's calling and a life blessed with Down Syndrome

Monday, June 2, 2008

Monday oh Monday

Well the girls all started VBS last night at Glynwood, and loved it! However, It is way passed their bed times. Bible school is from 6-9 pm....and our girls go to bed no later than 730.... so needless to say, they were GRUMPY today. For the next two weeks, they have night time VBS and then in the morning, we have to be up, dressed, fed and out of the house downtown at the school for our MAKE-UP speech sessions by 9AM! So can you tell, we dont have a happy momma right now!

WE will see how it goes for a few days, and we may be forced to make some changes in the schedule.....


On a much happier note....we went to look at a house yesterday and will go back tonight while the girls are gone... It seems, just like what we have been looking for. It has 5br/3ba 3400sq ft, tile, harwood floors and carpet, 2 stories, 2 car garage, extra rec room off garage, inground pool with total fencing that locks around it, plus fencing totally around the whole backyard, Mud room off dining room between the house and garage, nice HUGE gazebo type area out back with fans, lights built ins etc.... The only downfall is...it has lots of wallpaper in it! WE both hate wallpaper wo that will eventually have to GO! It is on about 1+ acre lot.....We will see. This will be the first time that we would have HAD to sell our home BEFORE buying another so when we make the offer, it will be contigent on selling ours....but we will be putting a much lower price on it than what we know we could get if we waited it out,,, just to sell!!! So hopefully it wont take long. I am so praying that this will work for us...I will post pics of it once we have our offer in and its accepted...dont want to jenks it! I am EXCITED that IF we get the house, I will have my OWN scrapbook and sewing room!!!!! Oh I cant wait! IT will be BUSY BUSY BUSY for us if this all goes as we are hoping.....


Lyndsey and Mike, dont feel left out, you will still have a place to sleep when you come home. :) If you wanna see the house call me and i will tell you where to look.

So please pray with us, that this will work out favorably for us! We will have a workshop area and huge covered patio off the main house as well.... LOTS of room for company and FUN!

I will fill you in later on if we make a offer tonight.



5 nice people had this to say:

Unknown said...

That's so exciting about the house! Good luck.

Are y'all coming to Prattville's VBS?

Anonymous said...

Woo-hoo! Send me a link! I'm praying this all works out for you, I don't know anyone who needs more room than your family! XOXO~Susan

Mike said...

I wanna see it and do plan for me a bedroom b/c I plan tomoveback home soon! Not soon enough

Lynne Griffies said...

Sure hope that you get the house. It sounds wonderful. Will look forward to seeing pics of it.

Anonymous said...

Rita, that is wonderful!! Where is it? Prattville/Millbrook? Let me know if I can help with anything. Leigh