Come along and follow our journey of being what we think is Normal..... just a average family, following God's calling and a life blessed with Down Syndrome

Saturday, August 16, 2008

Our morning routine....


A few friends emailed me about our daily routine and crazy schedule in the mornings before school, so i thought I would post it here too!


Since school started last week, we are nuts in the morning..... here is just a small glimpse into our morning routine....


I have to do all lunches, all drinks, snacks, juice boxes, dressing them all, feeding breakfast, brushing hair, and teeth and getting out the door by 7am!!! Can you say im pooped before 830!Giovanna and Gabby has to be seated in their class by 7:45 and then I have to drive to the next town to get Bella and Lily to school by 8:30. I am so ready for 8:30 each morning...LOL

I have all 4 girls dressed, pottied and hair brushed BEFORE we leave the bedroom to go upstairs.... then they eat. We then head back downstairs to brush teeth. While they eat, I finish making lunch boxes and packing up their backpacks......put them all by the front door, then we come up from doing teeth, everyone gets shoes on and we head out the door.
At night I will fix their juice sports cup for their lunch the following day and make all 4 milk cups for breakfast and put them in the frig so that makes it go easier....

I am completely showered and ready before i get them up. It does make for a crazy morning now with having to be out of here so early, but I think once I get the routine down pat, it will be so much smoother. Also, on Monday's I will volunteer at Gabby and Giovanna's school because I have to pick them up early for speech and then head to get the other girls and to speech all by 2:00....
On Tuesday's Lily and Bella dont go to school so Bella will have all her early intervention on this day. When we take Giovanna and Gabby to school we will stay there and Bella will start all her services at 8am. She will be finished by 9:30, and then we will head home for about an hour and then to private speech for her at 11. WHEW..... what a crazy, hectic way to start my week!
I would not trade this life for anything....I am so thankful for the blessings I have even when it gets nuts... Honestly though, if you had told me 5 yrs ago this would be my life, I would have laughed hysterically at ya!
Life is good in the Andrew's home....even if we are alittle nuts!

0 nice people had this to say: