Come along and follow our journey of being what we think is Normal..... just a average family, following God's calling and a life blessed with Down Syndrome

Wednesday, October 1, 2008

October is going to be a fun month!

RR 31 for 21

Get It Down; 31 for 21





Many of you may or may not know that the month of October is Down syndrome awareness month and I want to celebrate it!!

I will be taking part of the 31 for 21 GET IT DOWN blog to help bring DS awareness to all and to celebrate the birth of all my girls! Each one of our girls were born into a family and or country that didnt provide the services and have the opportunities for people with dissabilities, so we are so thrilled to have them home FOREVER and to give them the life that they all so deserve.

I have never done this before, but I know there are several of you out there wanting to know more about our family. How does it work, what are the girls like, do they all get along, how is their school, what do they like to do, or whatever you would like to know....NOW IS THE TIME TO ASK. I will be answering questions throughout the month and each day blogging something different. I know alot of people locally read our blog, and I dont know who you are...but I have been approached several times out in town and folks have commented on reading our blog....so now is your chance....ask away, ask anything you would like to know about our family, the kids big ones and little ones. All comments are moderated to noone will see your question until i post it....and feel free to post anonymously if you wish.

I cant wait to share with you all several short video clips that I have of all the girls.

Happy October!!!

2 nice people had this to say:

Anonymous said...

My son Taylor was in 3 of your girls class last year at PCC. I had the priviledge of seeing first hand what a blessing each one of your daughters lives were to your family. Taylor, my son was only in their class til right after their first teacher left but I still got to see them daily. I wanted to tell you what a gift you are to these girls, because their lives wouldnt be the same in their home country. Although I know they are a huge blessing to you and a gift from God, you are also a gift to them. I still have the little school bus they made at the first of the year with all their fingerprints on my fridge and Taylor refuses to allow me to remove it. He adorded your daughters. MY only question is how did you come to adopt 4 and is there a possibility you will adopt more?
And yes I was a lurker til now but felt it nessary to delurk!

Stacy said...

How to do you choose the child? the country where the child comes from?

Stacy