Come along and follow our journey of being what we think is Normal..... just a average family, following God's calling and a life blessed with Down Syndrome

Thursday, October 2, 2008

Our Banner

For the month of October I would like to use our Buddy walk banner as our header. This is to celebrate our girls with Down Syndrome............... This is the banner that our TEAM will carry during the Buddy walk here in Montgomery.... I thought it was so cute!!!


I have a question I would like to ask yall....Since I have 6 kids, 3 with DS and 3 without....how do you make they others feel just as important?? I know my older kids, now 19, understand.....but Lily is 5 and G G B are all about the same age, ....so she doesnt get it....Like on the banner, her picture isnt there....because she doesnt have DS...so i feel like im in a catch 22....how do others of you handle this??

I know silly of me to ask...but I would love to know!!

3 nice people had this to say:

Stacy said...

Make her a poster that says something like "I am a proud sister of 3 DS sisters" with her pictures or even better a Tshirt...Want me play with print shop? I may have sometransfer sheets left to do a shirt.. Let me know!
Stacy

Wendy said...

You could do what stacey said so she could be included in the BW event but also for her birthday month you could have a banner or poster made (real cheap a zazzle.com) proclaiming her special month. during that month you could have another poster board beside it and Each day post something wonderful about her on it. Then maybe make a special day just for you and her at some place of her choice.

Just some thoughts

Sarah Maples said...

Love the banner.
Hugs,
Sarah