Come along and follow our journey of being what we think is Normal..... just a average family, following God's calling and a life blessed with Down Syndrome

Monday, December 1, 2008

















Well, do you think they will let her wear her BDU's (Army uniform) with her 4" high heels? What about nail polish and fashion jewlery?? NOT! She loves her fashion and loves her long hair, so it is gonna be hard for her to give it all up! She can still be a fashion girly girl on the weekend though....

Lyndsey, we are proud of you and know that no matter what everyone else says YOU ARE MAKING A GOOD DECISION!! YOU will get your training and experience and a FUN 4 yrs of your life!! Travel on the military's dime......being single and free, a perfect time to make this new change! We will miss you dearly!!! BUT we are always a phone call away and will come see you when we can!!!

HUGS <>

8 nice people had this to say:

Mamapierce said...

Congratulations!!! Is she going into the Army? Of course, I think the military is GREAT! We need good people to keep our country safe. :o)

Cindi Ann said...

Congratulations! You can be girly and still kick butt : )

Shelley said...

OK Mom, you gotta learn one important thing.....the new uniform is called ACUs.....BDUs are the old green ones!
As for the 4 inch heels....now THAT would be funny to see!

Anonymous said...

LINDSAY DEAREST...YOU´RE LONG LOST AUNTIE BETTY HERE IN BOGOTA..
SHOUTING AN ENORMOUS CONGRATULATIONS to you!!!!!!

You are the best, and I always knew it. I feel so blessed and honored that you and your precious family
came through my life. I still have your note to me, that you wrote before you left Bogota with you Mom and the girls.

You look beautiful, and I was sooooo touched to see your dad swearing you in.

If you want to , keep in touch with me, and I will always respond.
The Andrew family is an example for everyone.

Hugs and more hugs,

Betty Castillo

Anonymous said...

That's awesome Rita.
Congratulations Lyndsey!

God will keep her in his hands. DON'T WORRY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Love, Aunt Jennifer

Rita Andrews said...

OK Shelley,
You got me....but after calling those darn green things, BDU's for 20 yrs.... that is what they will always be! LOL

As long as NOW I DONT have to iron them, we get along just GREAT!

Mom to the 3rd degree said...

Congrats! I will be praying for her! This will be a good experience for her.

JUST A MOM said...

Wow, that video of Lindsay being sworn in by her father made me BAWL...what a full circle moment for all of you!

BLESSINGS,

Alison
(Tate's mommy)