Come along and follow our journey of being what we think is Normal..... just a average family, following God's calling and a life blessed with Down Syndrome

Tuesday, March 17, 2009

This is just way too funny NOT to post... Thanks Leigh for a good laugh to start a already stressful day..

Yesterday we were buying 2 large bags of Purina
dog chow at Wal-Mart in Lauderdale Lakes, for our dogs
Jake and Callie. I was about to check out when a woman
behind me asked if I had a dog. Did she think that I
had an elephant?

Since I had little else to do, on impulse, I told her that
no, I didn't have a dog, and that I was starting the
Purina Diet again, although I probably shouldn't
because I ended up in the hospital last time. On the bright
side though, I'd lost 50 pounds before I awakened in an
intensive care ward with tubes coming out of every hole in
my body and IVs in both arms.

I told her that it was essentially a perfect diet and that
the way that it works is to load your pockets with Purina
nuggets and simply eat one or two every time you feel hungry
and that the food is nutritionally complete so I was going
to try it again. (I have to mention here that practically
everyone in the line was enthralled with my story by now.)

Horrified, she asked if I ended up in intensive care
because the dog food had poisoned me. I told her no; I
had stopped in the middle of the parking lot to lick my
rear end and a car hit me.


OH my goodness....Does anyone else have a sense of humor such as this....
I justlove quick come backs such as this....makes for a lighter day!
Some people just need to loosen up sometimes! I always say "smiling
isnt gonna
break your face, if
anything it will make you feel better!"

1 nice people had this to say:

Missy said...

That was so funny it had me laughing out loud!!