Come along and follow our journey of being what we think is Normal..... just a average family, following God's calling and a life blessed with Down Syndrome

Wednesday, August 19, 2009


Well school started last week and the girls and I are still trying to get into a regular routine again. Our day starts bright and early at 5:45! The bus picks up G & G at 7am, William leaves to take Lily to school at 7:20 and then on to work. I leave to take Bella to her school M W F at 8:15. By 8:45 I am FREE until 2 PM. Then the afternoon schedule starts! Bella gets picked up at 2, Lily at 2:50 and we get home just in time for the bus for G & G at 3....WHEW.... Snack and then homework, Dinner and the bath and bed time all by 7:15!!!! I am totally pooped by 8:00. Wonder why? Anyone else feel totally wiped out by early evening?

The girls are enjoying school. I am trying to come to with all the IEP's and what the school is expected to do...I want the girls to get the best educational day that they can. Giovanna is doing well with her spelling, reading, and writing...We are so proud of her. NEVER did I think that five years ago, the baby girl I had dreamt of would be in a regular ed class, reading and doing her very best....God is so good.

Gabby is doing great too....she is saying her numbers and trying to write her name... She tries so hard and we are so proud of her!

Lily is also in the first grade. She is in private school as she missed the cut off by 7 days for public school. She is doing very well and today was her first bible test and guess what.....SHE MADE A 100!!! WAY TO GO LILY!!! SHE IS so excited for her new class.... She will be turning 6 on Sept 9th! She is READY for her big day.

Bella oh Bella Boo~ She is learning that she is now in a big girl class. She is still at the same school she has been at, but a different wing of the school. She tries to escape the class and run around the hall to her old class...After much talking to, and threats from the school that she would not be able to continue to come to school there if she continues to run out of the class, she is doing MUCH MUCH better! She loves school and I so wish she could go 5 days a week but her Preschool is only open 3 days. She will for sure be ready for kindergarten next year.

Lyndsey also started her AIT, military school, on Monday Aug 10. She is enjoying getting to know so many new people and excited to start learning what her "class" will teach her.


Michael is now back to work in Rose Mary Beach. He is happy to finally be settling back into a regular routine with work, and weekend drills. He is trying to get his room "cleaned" out at Mom's so he can set up his little house. He is looking for bedding and a new TV.


William does not too much like his new position at work...too much drama! He will be heading to DC to meet the folks he deals with up there soon. That trip will last for 5 days...oh what fun for me.

Me, well Ive been busy trying to make hair bows for my "store" at the indoor flea market. I have enjoyed setting up my own little booth and have done well. I sell the girls clothes they have outgrown, toys we just dont play with anymore, all of which are all still in GREAT shape. I also have made tons of hairbows and will be making boutique outfits to sell as well. If anyone is looking for any outfits or hairbows to make a outfit already let me know. I have finally started organizing my sewing/craft room...I love it. I love having a space to go and relax. I enjoy to scrapbook and sew and have too much "stuff" to have to pack up everytime I want to work on something....I am so glad I can have this space...I had said that once the big kids moved out that I would be taking over a room...and I did..LOL.

Our trip to Gatliburg went great. William and Michael really enjoyed riding their motorcycles and I enjoyed gettting to spend some down time with the girls. We went to Dollywood while there and of course no trip is complete without some shopping. We also took one of our babysitters to help out on the days William was out riding his motorcycle. Casey was a big help.

Well I guess thats all for now. I do have tons of pictures from the trip and the first week of school, however William downloaded them to his computer so I have to wait on him to put them on mine..stay tuned.

The picture is of Michael the day he flew in to Montgomery from his Bootcamp an AIT. The girls were so excited to see him again.
Hugs..

1 nice people had this to say:

Angela Hughes said...

Loving Giovanna's make-up brush! DIVA!!!