Come along and follow our journey of being what we think is Normal..... just a average family, following God's calling and a life blessed with Down Syndrome

Wednesday, November 11, 2009

Urgent prayer request.... This is my dad John. Tonight my son called me to tell me he had been in a motorcycle accident. He was driving home and was literally down the street getting ready to turn in the road he lives on. A elderly couple missed their turn and well kept turning...heading straight towards my dad. He seen the car heading towards him and he layed his motorcycle down so he wouldnt hit the car. Well he is in pretty bad shape. The ambulance got there, took him to the local hospital in Ft Walton. They did the xrays and mri and then said they needed to life flight him to Sacred Heart in Pennsacola. He has broken all his ribs, and they have punctured his lungs. He has internal bleeding and in alot of pain. They have inserted a chest tube, I assume to releave the bleeding and have him on IV and pain meds. My mom, sister and Michael (my son) are driving there now. I dont know anything else right now other than that. I am also assuming that they will fix his lungs/bleeding rather quickly upon arrival.

I beg all of you to please lift him up in prayer and ask for complete healing and comfort. I know he will be fine, BUT Im freaking out being 4 hours away. If I dont hear anything we may head to FL tomorrow. I will update as I hear some more.

6 nice people had this to say:

JUST A MOM said...

PRAYING here!!! Keep me updated.

Thanks for your comment today. I think of you often and am always here lurking too.

orphans4me said...

Just wanted to say again that I am praying Rita. It is so hard to be far away but remember Jesus is very close by. I'm so grateful your Daddy is a Christian.
Joy, RR

Lu, Poppies Blooming said...

Goodness Rita, we will be praying all day today. Can I post it to a prayer group I 'work' for?

Lu from RR

suelmayer said...

We will pray for your Dad, John, today. May the Lord watch over and comfort each of you!

Angelique said...

Rita,

Will most certainly be praying for your father.

It is always scary when someone you love is hurt, but even more so when you are so far away and can't see directly for yourself the extent of the injuries or to be there holding their hand in person.

GOD Bless, Angelique

Unknown said...

We're praying Rita... We love you all.