Come along and follow our journey of being what we think is Normal..... just a average family, following God's calling and a life blessed with Down Syndrome

Thursday, November 12, 2009

UPDATE as of 11am cst:
Just talked to mom. she said the DR has come in and confirmed that my dad has 19 broken ribs, punctured lung and broken right foot. They do have the chest tube in and draining the blood. They can not do surgery to repair any of it because he has been on plavix since his heart surgery and he could bleed to death mom said. So the foot is in a cast and they have him doing the blowing exercies to help his lungs and to help prevent pnuemonia. If he gets pnuemonia they will have to put a breathing tube in so they are trying to stay away from that!!! The tube in his chest is draining the blood to help relieve the lungs. He is in alot of pain so they have him on some hefty pain meds. He is awake and then falls asleep.


UPDATE:

All I know currently is my dad is in ICU in Pennsacola right now. I do believe he is in good stable condition. He did break his foot along with the ribs. I dont know if they will do surgery for the bleeding internally from the lung or if they are hoping for it to clot up and stop...

My sister in law said he will be in the hospital for a few weeks. Currently at Shands but they will transfer him back to Panama City when his lung is in a more stable condition.

Thank you all for your prayers, I know that they were a comfort to him. My mom, sister and a brother and my son are back at the hospital this morning. Im waiting to hear from them early this morning for any further update.

6 nice people had this to say:

Unknown said...

I will keep in my prayers! God will provide comfort and healing to your dad and the rest of the family.

Christy said...

Prayers Rita!

Cammie Heflin said...

Praying Rita!

orphans4me said...

Thanks for the update, Rita. I'm praying right now.
Joy,RR

Unknown said...

We are praying for your dad Rita!

Envyshope said...

Rita - I am so glad that he is stable. I have prayed for him and your family. I hope he continues to improve.

Kelli Stever