Come along and follow our journey of being what we think is Normal..... just a average family, following God's calling and a life blessed with Down Syndrome

Monday, May 3, 2010


I am so so sad. Our Syndey has congestive heart failure. WE have known this for about a month and a half. I had to take her to the emergency vet on a Sunday afternoon because she was just way not herself. We have her on meds, heart and lasix, and she just has begun to slowly slip back into her "sick" way. I made a phone call today that I DREADED making. I called the vet to talk to her about Sydney's symtoms and to talk about putting her to sleep. I cried like a baby!!!!
I DO NOT WANT TO DO THIS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!


Why oh WHY???? I know Death is real and everything has to go through it....God gives us life and we all must die.. I know....but...noone like to see their pet.......or LOVED ONE go through sickness and ultimately death.


William will be taking her this week to the vet to be put to sleep. He will stay with her while they give her the shot , something I KNOW I CANT DO! We are going to have her cremated and put in a small urn with a paw print, lock of hair and photo.

She has been our baby for 11 years. I love my sweet girl. I am going to miss her so much!!!!
I love you sweet Sydney....you have been such a sweet, loving companion for so long our family loves you and will miss you terribly!!! I hope you keep all the dogs in line and run on those beautiful streets of Gold....

0 nice people had this to say: