Come along and follow our journey of being what we think is Normal..... just a average family, following God's calling and a life blessed with Down Syndrome

Tuesday, March 25, 2008

Today is a VERY special day to me...






















Today 19yrs ago I married the man of my dreams! He is exactly what I prayed for in a husband and more. I love him more today than I ever think I could have 19yrs ago. The Lord has brought us through many tears of happiness, the birth of our wonderful twins- Lyndsey and Michael, tears of overwhelming JOY and many tears of sadness but YES with HIS ever loving understanding and Peace and most of all PATIENCE we stand together stronger than ever 19 yrs later! Then here comes the awesome news....

4 yrs ago today....On our 15th wedding anniversary --My husband, my son, and then my only awesome daughter and I stood at the US Embassy in Guatemala City and swore to love this absolutely precious little girl named Giovanna for the rest of our lives....We had prayed for this day for a LONG time and it had finally arrived. I just cant explain the happiness in my heart and the love for this baby then and NOW. Her Down Syndrome, terrible heart condition, cognitive delays...none of it mattered at all.....She has opened up our hearts that lead us to adopt 3 other little girls just like her....there are 4 less orphans in the world today....PRAISE our LORD JESUS CHRIST....for His love for us has made our family complete.


Attached are pictures of our first day with Giovanna in Guatemala. The one of William holding her, then one of me holding her, our FIRST family photo and more.....oh what a honor it is to be her mommy!

Then just one year and one week later we brought our Bella home...so stay tuned on the 31st for pictures of that day..

11 nice people had this to say:

Anonymous said...

She is so beautiful. I am literally in tears right now thinking about the love I have for Giovanna. I cannot imagine life without her! She has brought and still brings so much joy & love to our lives! I cannot say enough how extremely happy I am to be her big sister :) I hope that I make her proud to say she's my little sister. I love her with all of my heart and that day truly was the happiest day of my life! I will never forget that amazing journey that we as a family went through.

I am so happy for you and dad to be married for 19 years. Just to put up with each other for that long...geez... JUST KIDDING!

HAPPY ANNIVERSARY MOM & DAD!

Anonymous said...

Thanks for making me cry this morning! No, very touching. ~Heather B

Shelley said...

Happy Anniversary!

junglemama said...

Happy Anniversary!

Are you adopting again?

Rita Andrews said...

No adoption for us right now. WE were called about a month ago and then the last two weeks for alittle boy with DS here in the states..i would love to but right now just doesnt seem to be the right time for us!

Rita

Steph said...

Hey Rita,

Happy Anniversay to you and William. I know you day is going to be special. You two have much to celebrate and be thankful for. Giavonna is so precious I know you all are very thankful for her. I love reading the blog everyday..thanks for sharing your life with us. We Miss you guys!

Mommy and Peepers said...

Wow, was just looking at your blog more, Giovanna, looks so much like piper. and the other girls are just lovely. They are so beautiful!!

Michelle said...

Rita - The pic of Giovanna laying her head on your shoulder is just so precious. She is such a sweet little baby :o) Now she's a sweet little girl :o) Also, Lyndsey - Your post brought tears to my eyes! Such a good daughter...your mama's lucky and vice versa!

Anonymous said...

Hello there
I just came across your blog looking for the Down syndrome creed and what a surprise to see about your family. I live in PA, but originally from Mexico. and I have almost 3 year old girl with DS also. So I have something in comun with you.
Hope to get to know you
Alina
amo16@hotmail.com

Stacey and Dewey said...

Happy Anniversary!!! I'm sure you know how blessed you are to have such a beautiful family.
Celebrate, you deserve it!!
Best Wishes
Stacey

Mike said...

I can't believe its already been so long!!

I love giovanna so much!

Hope you guys went out to dinner or somthing! Love you mom and dad!