Come along and follow our journey of being what we think is Normal..... just a average family, following God's calling and a life blessed with Down Syndrome

Thursday, May 15, 2008

Potty training.....

This task is such a lovely one for the parents. Bella is so READY and Giovanna needs to be..LOL! I am praying that this summer we can make some HUGE progress for Giovanna because she starts kindergarten in the fall. Bella on the other hand, loves to sit on the potty! She would stay there all day if I let her, and I am constantly making sure the bathroom door in her room is SHUT or she would be naked all the time sitting on the toilet.

Anyway, I thought I would throw this request out there to my fellow blog readers. Do you have any tips on potty training a child with Down Syndrome? Giovanna will go when I MAKE her sit on the potty, but she can just as EASILY go both number 1 and 2 in her pull up and not care a bit!!!! I HATE IT! It seems like she doesnt always associate the feeling with going to actually sitting on the potty!

Also, if any of you have any good, training pants, all in ones preferred but will do terry cloth ones as well, that you are done with.....I would so love to have them. I had totally forgot how expensive those things were! We can use any size 2 3 4 or 5 if they make them. Just let me know if you have any you are ready to part with...

0 nice people had this to say: