Come along and follow our journey of being what we think is Normal..... just a average family, following God's calling and a life blessed with Down Syndrome

Thursday, May 15, 2008

Rain Rain Go Away!


Today it has been so yucky outside since around 7:30am. The girls were so looking forward to playing outside today...but NOPE! It has rained all day and there looks like no sunshine at the end of the doomy day! You cant tell very good from the picture but this is what almost 1 1/2 in of rain looks like in my front porch. I hope tomorrow will be alot nicer...since they go to Preschool for their LAST FRIDAY of the year! They have graduation on Monday night and then go to class on Wed I guess for like a party and then thats it folks!!!! I will have all 4 of my little ones home for almost 3 months before they start to school again! Any ideas on what to do with them? We love crafts, playing outside in the sprinkler and on the toys.....but there's gotta be more that doesnt cost a fortune to go to. Someone sent me a list of dates and movies showing for young children in a downtown Montgomery theatre so we may try that. I dont think Bella will sit through it though...may have to get a sitter for just her and take the others....

Lyndsey is offically moving to FL this weekend. She starts her new job on Monday and will get registered for classes in the fall at Gulf Coast in Panama City. Since Michael moved out last summer, we left his room alone, but added Bella's crib and her toddler bed in there so she sleeps upstairs....as far as Lyndsey's room.....well lets just say I can finally spread my sewing stuff out and NOT have to pack it up and move it every time Im finished. I found an awesome drop leaf table at the Salvation Army store on Monday for guess how much,.,,,,, $15.00! Its so nice...solid wood and with the leaf it is SUPER long!!!!!! so we will see about this. I guess I have to wait until sometime next week to try and figure it all out....be looking for a picture! Lyndsey and Michael's bed's are left alone and in place, because they will still be coming home I imagine at least once every 4-5 weeks.. I miss them, but this is good for them! They are getting somewhat a taste of being on their own, but still in a familiar place with some security. They both will be at my parents house in Panama City Beach, both working full time jobs, just oposite shifts and in college....so we will see! Say a prayer for "my grown babies" if you get a chance.

1 nice people had this to say:

Unknown said...

The Prattville Library (and I'm sure the Millbrook, too) has a reading program every Tuesday for an hour. Ian always enjoys going. I'm not sure how Noah will do this year...