Come along and follow our journey of being what we think is Normal..... just a average family, following God's calling and a life blessed with Down Syndrome

Saturday, February 28, 2009

Tornado sirens, safe places and house fires!

Friday was CRAZY! Sick girls home for the 5th school day in a row, tornado sirens going off and a house fire...all in one day!

Yesterday afternoon around 1:30 the sirens started going off....I got up and decided I really needed to get jeans on and tennis shoes...WHY... I know the Lord was prompting me to do this, because I HATE wearing shoes..lol...I get all the girls shoes on and grab my cell phone, blankets, flash lights and some books and all the girls and I have a camp out in the laundry room floor. They didnt like hearing the loud siren and the weather on TV...makes them nervous! Well the lightning was stricking so fast and right around us...my house was shaking..another thing that scares the girls....we started praying for Jesus to send his angels to protect us and our house....and within about 2-3 min of the last LOUD house shakin lightning strike someone is banging on my door!!!! The girls and I are all in the laundry room so i run upstairs to find my little old lady neighbor Mrs Judy standing in front of me with a blank stare! All she could do was like stare at me, I grab her arm, lightning is still popping all around, and bring her in the house. I look at her house and see flames coming out of the corner...LIGHTNING had struck her house!!

I called 911 and they were here within just about 2 min.. They said they were passing our neighborhood for another call with just a alarm warning and when ours come in with flames already going they turned around and come in our neighborhood...By the time I got off the phone and looked out the window our whole culdesac was black with smoke! I couldnt even see across the street anymore... Really within about 5 min we had 7 firetrucks and emt vehicles here...Praise the Lord that Mrs Judy was awake and sitting in the living room when it happened. She said she walked to her bedroom and seen where it had hit the house, above her window the wall was cracked open and she seen smoke...by the time she grabbed her coat and made it to the front door the house was covered in smoke. She was ok but just really kinda out of it, i think from the fear of it all...i got her some food and drink because she was really shakey and her blood pressure was up and so was her diabites,....the paramedics checked her out and said she would be fine, she didnt inhale any smoke, THANK YOU LORD, because she ran to my house as soon as it happened!!!

The fire marshall has said it was a total loss. To look at the front of the house you wouldnt know, but the whole back side is gone....PLEASE pray for Mrs Judy (she is 76 yrs old) and her grown son were the only ones that live there. They have lost pretty much everything.

I would like to set up a chip in for them, so be on the look out....anyone would would like to give a donation I will be giving it to them to help out in anyway possible.

PRAISE be to our Lord, for prompting me to get myself and my girls prepared for what we had no idea would happen, a crazy weather day...a day to help neighbors...and a day to be a blessing to someone else... and a day to rejoice that Mrs Judy is safe and yes a day to rejoice that my little girls prayers to Jesus to send his angels to protect our house were heard!!!!

6 nice people had this to say:

June Berger said...

Praising the Lord for his protection for all on Friday. Praying for healing for all your sick little angels. (and a tired Momma)

Amanda Jones said...

Oh wow! Praise the Lord that you were prepared! Mrs. Judy is in our prayers!

Amanda-Adopting Ean and Mila

All My Beans said...

praying for all of you!!! Faith..

Mommy to those Special Ks said...

Praise God you all are ok!!! Sorry to hear about your neighbor's house :(. We'll keep them in our prayers!

Dolores said...

The prayers of children are always heard. So glad to hear that you are all safe and your neighbor too! Sorry about their house! These things usually turn into blessings somehow...

ArtworkByRuth said...

Amazing! So glad you listened to God's prompting and your neighbor found you as well. Praying for her and her son. Praying for your household to be well too! God Bless!