Come along and follow our journey of being what we think is Normal..... just a average family, following God's calling and a life blessed with Down Syndrome

Sunday, March 8, 2009

Urgent prayer request!!

Hey tonight we had our Down Syndrome play date and we missed a call from lyndsey. Her very short message on the answering machine was this...

Hey Mom and Dad I love you! I have hurt my back and leg and when i went to the Dr they did Xray and its not broken but Im in major pain and go for a MRI in the morning. We had our final PT test yesterday and I didnt pass it this time because of my pain...Im sending you a letter tomorrow..I love you and miss you so much"

This is killing me...I know she is a strong cookie and if she is in major pain, this is hard for her, because she is such a perfectionist! She needs ALL prayers going up for her, PLEASE Pray for her, for her body, for her mental health, for her strength...she is 2 weeks away from graduation....she has already met her goals for her PT test, however they use her last one and she wasnt able to complete it...THat in itself is MAJOR for her....

With us not being able to talk to her, makes it even worse for me....I am so very worried for her!!!

ALL prayers for our girl would be greatly appreciated!! I will update on her as soon as I know something!

3 nice people had this to say:

Mommy to those Special Ks said...

OH no!!! I will be praying she's ok and praying you get to talk to her soon. I know it will put your mind and heart at ease when you can hear she's ok. Please keep us posted!

Allison said...

Hi Rita. We'll definitely be sending prayers up for Lyndsey. I've been where she is and my mother has been where you are when I was too hurt to pass my final PT test in basic training too. So I've asked my family to add you all to their prayer list too. Prayer is a powerful thing. Rest well knowing HE has it all under control.

Arizona mom to eight said...

I am praying in Az for her and for you, it has to be so hard to not be able to comfort her.