Come along and follow our journey of being what we think is Normal..... just a average family, following God's calling and a life blessed with Down Syndrome

Friday, January 29, 2010

Hey all...I would sure love some extra prayers for Giovanna. She has had a slight cough for a few days, and running a fever at night for about two or three nights...last night she woke up at 3:30 with a 103.7 temp..burning up~ We took her clothes off gave meds and put cold rag on her..she drank a little juice and i held her. She was so tired but was crying to be held. I told William (which had just gotten home from a week long work trip) that she was getting sick again and we needed to get her to the Dr in the Am. He got online and made her appointment. I took her at 10 and they did blood work, flu test, chest xray and strep test. Her white blood count was higher than normal and her chest did show signs of pnuemonia. so we are once again on meds. This is the second time in 7 days she has been sick. Last week it was stomach bug and had to have IV fluids for dehydration and nausea. My poor girl. She is my one that when she shows the first stage signs of not feeling good you better react right away!

She is laying on the floor playing with her barbies and laughing at her sisters, but doesnt feel too great...

Here's to a great weekend!

1 nice people had this to say:

Maria and Family said...

I just stopped by your blog. wow. your little ones are just beautiful! How blessed are you ?? like my little 3 yr old says "beautiful brown babies" !! She is from guatemala and her baby sister is from ethiopia :) she asks me each day if "i love my brown babies?" it is so cute. I am aching to adopt a rr angel, but so far my hubby is not on bd. he thinks i am a bit nuts :( maybe....but it sure feels right :)
you have a lovely family. congrats :)