Come along and follow our journey of being what we think is Normal..... just a average family, following God's calling and a life blessed with Down Syndrome

Friday, February 4, 2011


Today is a sad day for us, happy for her....my Grandmom went to heaven today. On Wednesday they found her unconscious and barely breathing. Apparently she had a massive stroke and collapsed in the living room floor where she layed for about 12 hours (midnight till noon) before they found her. She lives alone and my Aunts were calling her to make sure she hadn't lost power during the bad snow storm. When they couldn't get her after several tries the went to the house. House completed locked up and she didn't come to the door. They busted in the back door and found her. They called my mom and Dad and they packed and started the long 18 hour drive. They arrived in PA late last night and went to the hospital right away. My Dad talked to the Dr's and they said there was nothing else left they could do. Her body was shutting down, she wasnt breathing on her own at all, was paralyzed on her left side and more than likely would not come out of it. All children talked and knew this is NOT what Grandmom would have wanted. She was very independent.


So at this time we are all sad that she left this world, but know she is in a better place. We love you Grandmom!!!!

This was my last surviving Grandparent....so only parents are left now....I pray its MANY years before we face this again!

Attached is a pic of Grandmom with the girls almost a year ago...this was the last time we all saw her.

2 nice people had this to say:

Gaining Grace said...

I'm so sorry for you. I lost my grandma about 6 years ago and have missed her since. The only consolation is that we'll see them again one day.

Mommy to those Special Ks said...

I'm so sorry to hear this :(. I lost my grandfather in August and it was the hardest thing! You'll be in my prayers.